“The Lord is my protector; he is my strong fortress. My God is my protection, and with him I am safe. He protects me like a shield; he defends me and keeps me safe.” Psalm 18:2
There is so much security wrapped up in God and demonstrated in this verse. Protector, strong fortress, protection, safe, protects, shield, and defends.
- Protector – a person or thing that protects; defender, guardian
- Strong – having, showing, or able to exert great bodily or muscular power; physically vigorous or robust
- Fortress- a large fortified place; a fort or group of forts, often including a town; Citadel
- Protection – the act of protecting or the state of being protected, preservation from injury or harm
- Safe- secure from liability to harm, injury, danger or risk
- Protects to defend or quard from attack, invasion, loss, annoyance, insult, etc.; cover or shield from injury or danger
- Shield- a broad piece of armor, varying widely in form and size, carried apart from the body, usually on the left arm, as a defense against swords, lances, arrows, etc.
- Defends- to ward off attack from; guard against assault or injury (usually followed by from or against)
- Safe-Secure from liability to harm, injury, danger and risk
These words, as nouns are who God is. These words as verbs represent what God does. As adjectives they refine Him. There is no reason for us to fear when we allow ourselves to be in His presence, security is who He is for us.