God has called us all to give. So many people think that they have nothing to offer. Yet, we all have just what we need to give. God not only tells us what to give, who to give to, but also how to give. He set the perfect example for us and gave us clear instructions in His Word.
We are called to give to God.
- We are to give our life to God. Psalm 25:1
- We are to give back to God what He has given to us. I Chronicles 29:14
- We are to give God the best of our portions. Numbers 18:29
- We are to give thanks to the Lord. I Chronicles 16:8, I Chronicles 16:34, Psalm 30:12, Psalm 75:1, Psalm 92:1, Psalm 105:1, Psalm 106:1, Psalm 107:1, Ephesians 5:20
- We are to give glory to the Lord. Joshua 7:19, I Chronicles 16:29, Psalm 44:8, Psalm 86:12, Psalm 96:8, Jeremiah 13:16
We are called to give to others.
- We are to give our parents joy. Proverbs 23:25
- We are to give food and water to our enemies. Proverbs 25:21
- We are to give to Caesar what belongs to him. Matthew 22:21, Luke 20:25, Mark 12:17
- We are to give to those in need. Psalm 112:9,
We are to give specific things
- We are to give our blessing. Matthew 10:12
- We are to give good advice. Proverbs 15:7, Proverbs 10:31, Proverbs 12:26
- We are to give food. Isaiah 58:7
- We are to give shelter. Isaiah 58:7
- We are to give clothing. Isaiah 58:7
- We are to give help. Isaiah 58:7
We are told how we should give
- We are to give freely. Proverbs 11:24
- We are to give our worries to the Lord. I Peter 5:7
- We are to give cheerfully. II Corinthians 9:7
- We are to give generously. Psalm 37:26
- We are to give according to what we have. Deuteronomy 16:17
- We are to give without anyone knowing. Matthew 6:3
We must stop making excuses for not giving. God has only asked us to give what is within our power to give. He has asked us to give from what we have. We do not need to compare our gifts, we just need to be obedient to what He has asked of us.
Great post! I especially love the part about HOW we are to give. I think that’s the most important element of giving – the condition of our heart, and that we are doing it for God’s glory. Thank you for these verses and the great reminder to GIVE!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Rebecca. His Word is full of so much great advice. It amazes me that He not only tells us what we can do to be the greatest blessing, He equips us to do it.